DSC00508 DSC03042b DSC02358 DSC02313 DSC02252 DSC02979b DSC02007 DSC01726 DSC01127 DSC00560 DSC00428 DSC00416 DSC00347 DSC00307 DSC00270 DSC01228 DSC00971 DSC00192 DSC00099 DSC01474 DSC05320

Friday, March 21, 2008

ICU Day 8

12:38 PM: We're still waiting on a bed to open up on the 5th floor. In the meantime, Myla is sleeping peacefully. Here are some pictures from the last couple of days:


  1. Myla listens to her Grandpa Byrom.
  2. Myla held by Aunt Kim.
  3. A huge yawn from Myla.
  4. Myla sleeping peacefully.
  5. Myla looking more like herself.
  6. Raul Matthew and a new friend.
  7. Write your own caption for this picture taken outside the cancer center.
  8. The dark windows in this picture--that's our room with a lovely view at the Ronald McDonald House.
  9. I need one of these to carry my lunch in.

2:02 PM: We're now back up on the 5th floor and sharing a room with another patient. It's tight quarters, so Raul Matthew and I headed back to Kokomo for the evening.

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

We are still praying up here in Seattle. We will pray for your own room hopefully soon!! Have a restful weekend.

God Bless,
Kim

Kait said...

Just wanted to share this quote with y'all. It's brought me much comfort through hard times and I think it perfectly describes the children who fight so hard.

"Children with cancer are like candles in the wind who accept the possibility that they are in danger of being extinguished by a gust of wind from nowhere and yet, as they flicker and dance to remain alive, their brilliance challenges the darkness and dazzles those of us who watch their light"

Wishing Myla much comfort and strength. I'm so glad she's feeling better!

salli said...

Yea! I am so glad you guys have finally made it up to your second "home". I was hoping that a room would open today. I can not get over how awesome she looks. She truely has angels watching over her. Thank you so much to Grandma and Missy for keeping me updated while I ran around being in charge of your chaotic second "home". I just could not catch any luck on trying to get my Myla a room. I hope everyone has a relaxing weekend and Easter. EVERYONE has earned it. You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Salli O.

jfaye said...

Thank you, Raul, for your faithfulness to keep us informed and in touch through the wonderful pictures of Myla and the family! It's good to see faces that it has been so long for me to see! :o)

Myla's precious face is burned into my mind and my heart! I am praying that it is in God's mind, and recorded in His book, that she will be a very bright light in His kingdom plan for her, and that she will prove to be one of His many miracles that will put her in this world a lot longer than 'experts' expect!

I stand afar, but my heart is there with you all, bearing up to a trial that I cannot fathom but know the Lord's strength is your salvation!

Thankfully His,
Janice K.

sunnydeveloper said...

Sending positive thoughts during this difficult time. Our Daisy spent a month in the ICU and my heart goes out to you. Miracles happen, miracles happen - every day.